- AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- STUDENTS STRRENGTHS
- FUTURE PLANS
YCMOU study center has established in 1991 in our college. The students failed in SSC and lost the opportunity of higher education, they can complete their degree by appearing the preparatory examination. Many of the students obtained the degree and settled in their life since last 32 years period.
Ours this is the first study center in the Sindhudurg District. Around 3500 students from Goa state have taken advantage of this opportunity. At present nearly 384 students are studying under this study center through different programs like Preparatory, B.A. and B.Com.
Dr. V. A. Dewoolkar, in-charge Principal is working as Centre In-charge and Dr. M. B. Chougale is as Centre Co-coordinator and Prof. G. P. Dhuri is working as an Assistant.
As our study center is in continuous progress, the Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University has awarded the Quality Award 2011 to Our Centre.
- Most of the Programs are offered in the regional language (Marathi).
- The goal of the University is to become a “Mass Varsity”. The programs are therefore, conceptualized and designed with this goal in sight.
- The university aims at using the latest techniques and technologies in its task of imparting education.
- The university develops linkages so as to become instrumental in the developmental and transformational process of the society around.
- The University has evolved a work culture in its organization in which accountability rather than authority in the key feature of each Post.
- To Provide Educational Opportunities to large sections of the population.
- To give special attention to people in the rural area who are deprived from education.
- To provide continuing, adult and extension education.
- To make available education for post-graduate studies and research opportunities.
- To relate all courses to cater the needs of individuals, institutions and the state.
STRENGTH OF THE STUDENTS
The results (in %) of the different classes for last six examinations are given in the following table:
- To organize NSS Camps through Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik.
- To make available the higher post graduate programs like M.A. / M.B.A.
- To organize Seminar on ‘Personality Development’ for the students.